"Asian Nation"


This isn't meant to be racist. It's the pure fact that you should stick with your gut when it comes to attraction. I met Anthony on Match.com, and yes he was "Asian". His pictures were deceiving to say the least. I mean he didn't look very ethnic. We talked a few nights for over an hour and it was pretty good. He seemed a bit immature for my liking and I don't have Asian as one of my preferences online. I always fall for the "Carpe Diem" shit, I'm a hopeless romantic in the worst of ways. We were talking late one night and he seemed so charming via phone conversation. I was buying his lines of bull. He asked if he could come over to give me a kiss. This is at midnight. I think to myself "What the hell", how romantic this could turn out to be. So I put my face on real quick and change my clothes and he calls me. I'm talking to him outside my house as he's driving to meet me. I tried to envision him as just not that "Asian". I thought to myself that maybe his personality would cancel out the truth that I'm just not attracted to the Asian race. He's coming up the hill and turning onto my street and we are still on the phone as he's parking across the street from where I'm standing. The windows are tinted, of course, so I can't get a good look.

He steps out of the car and immediately I am disappointed, he looks like what I didn't want to believe he would look like. I'm stuck, I'm literally searching my mind for a way to get out of this. We meet, we give a hug and then we get into his car to "talk". Originally I had said we could walk to the park by my house but decided against it for lack of interest. We settle in his car and it's pretty uncomfortable. He says "Do I look like what you thought I would?" Of course he had to drop that bomb. What could I do? I couldn't say what was running through my head, I couldn't say: "Unfortunately Anthony I was trying to give Asian a try but now that you're in front of me I have no attraction at all!" So I said yes.

He leans over and starts kissing me and I think to myself, "Let's just get this over with so I can add you to the list of horrible train wreck dates I've admitted myself to". He kissed liked an idiot and this is beginning to become a pattern with men today. What the hell happened to all the good kissers? When did kissing become so sloppy? You would think that by 30 we would all know the do's and don't of kissing. I mean this is the most elementary part of making out. He kept asking me if we could take a walk or a drive and I kept saying no. He looked at me with longing eyes and was complimenting me. Of course he had to tell me that he haden't had sex in over year (yes I could tell) and that I had no idea how bad he wanted me. I knew I had to wrap this slobber session up before it got even messier so I just said "Ok times up, I'm going back home." He was all pathetic and begging me for 5 more minutes. I just said noooo, I think this was plenty time for a first meeting. I tried to open the door and it was locked! I thought to myself "Oh shit". I hadn't planned on this, but just as my heart rushed to my throat and panic began to sink in he unlocked the door. He asked if he could call me when he got home as I was stepping out of the car. I just said, "Um...I might be sleeping, bye."

I walked across the street and didn't look back , actually I might have been running. I rolled my eyes, let out a big sigh and thought "What the hell is wrong with me!" He called within minutes of me lying down in bed and I ignored the call. He then text just in case I had not intentionally missed the call. I ignored again. It read "Hey Heather!" like I could hear him through the phone or something. He got the point and didn't call again. I've decided that while yes "Asian" food is one of my favorite cuisines, "Asian" men did not stir my sexual appetite. Poor guy, he had no idea what probably hit him. He hasn't been back on Match.com since.

No comments: